The Nursery is a community-based group, which is open to all and managed by Epsom Methodist Church.
The Nursery is open on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings from 9-15 am to 12-15 pm for children between 2½ years old to school age (term times).
* To provide a happy, safe, caring, and stimulating environment that enables children to develop their self confidence, independence, and social skills.
* To provide a wide range of resources for the children to play with.
* To provide the children with an active learning environment with a wide range of hands on activities.
* To plan activities that support the children’s individual needs, age and stage of development and interests.
* To plan activities and provide resources that cover the six areas of learning, identified in the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum (EYFS); Personal, social and emotional development, Communication, language and literacy, Problem solving, Reasoning and numeracy, Knowledge and understanding of the world, Physical development and Creative development.
* To provide high levels of adult support, guidance and encouragement.
* To provide opportunities for working and playing individually and in large and small groups
* To develop relationships with parents and families to create a partnership between home and the nursery.
* To provide a rich learning environment that provides many opportunities to develop children’s speech and language development. We have been chosen to take part in Surrey’s Every Child A Talker (ECAT) programme.
We offer your child a stimulating and constructive morning within a happy and caring environment
Being in a church hall makes life harder in that we have to set up all our equipment from scratch every day and pack it away into the cupboards at the end of the morning. However, this award makes all our hard work worth-while. The inspector commented
‘The setting offers the children and families an exceptional level of quality care and learning. Children play, learn and develop in a highly stimulating, child centred environment where the uniqueness of each child is fully understood and their individual needs catered for’.
My thanks go to all the parents, children and of course to my wonderful staff team, without whom, this would not have been possible.